How to Host a Safe NYE Party in Times of COVID-19
Without a doubt, the COVID-19 pandemic has been stressful and isolating, to say the least. Of course, many of us crave to celebrate New Year's Eve with our family members and friends as we cheer on to the new year. Luckily, there are a few steps you can take to host a safe New Year’s Eve party so that you can still celebrate the new year while keeping the ones you love as safe as possible.
What to Do Before the Party
Before everyone gets to your home for the celebration, take some time to completely clean and sanitize everything. Take consideration of the “high-traffic” and “high-interaction” areas like doorknobs, bathrooms, the kitchen, etc.
Also, an important part of your celebration will be to not only do your best to make sure you have a safe environment, but to also make your guests feel comfortable in knowing you’ve done everything you can to make your home safe. Consider creating a few hand sanitizer stations in areas where you know there will be guests. This way, they can sanitize their hands whenever they want as they enjoy the night!
You can also consider hosting the party outdoors if you have the space or getting an air purifier for your home. Most air purifiers, like the Airocide, that purifies and disinfects air, creating an indoor space that is free of harmful pathogens. And the best part about it is that it is not sore on the eyes and it will constantly clean your air, providing a space that you can feel confident in!
Other Things to Consider When Planning the Party
Hosting a party this year is different from other years but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have to be just as amazing. Along with the other precautions mentioned above, here are a few tips to consider when planning your party:
- Have seating throughout the home, allowing guests to practice social distancing.
- Keep enough hand sanitizer, soap, and sanitizing wipes to make your guests feel safe that you are prepared and are considering their well-being.
- Provide guests with extra masks in case they need it.
- Include some “finger-foods” in your menu! This limits the handling of food and also makes things a lot easier for you! 😉
- Label everyone’s cups so that drinks aren’t mixed up. But make it fun by letting everyone decorate their own cups with a few holiday decorations. (Who doesn’t love a little glitter right?)
- Make the best of the situation! Yes, there are lots of considerations to take to ensure you and your guests are safely celebrating but don’t forget it is a celebration so enjoy your friends and family and bring in the new year with lots of smiles and laughs.
Stay Safe and Celebrate the New Year
With everything that has happened in 2020, we're all eager to ring in the New Year. Celebrate with your family and friends, but make sure to take the proper measures to help everyone say safe.
And if you are looking for some delicious recipes for your New Year’s Eve party, we have just the ideas for you!
Follow us on Instagram and Pinterest for some of the best holiday recipes.
- Kimberlee Cooks